The pictures I took above was made using this recipe but I prefer to double the recipe as the cookies are bigger. The original recipe is meant to make smaller chocolate chip cookies but it is up to you what size you like. If you want bigger cookies like me, don’t change these measurements and if you’d like them to be smaller, half these measurments. (Keep in mind the cookies spread in the oven).
What you will need to make 24 cookies!
1. 200g (8oz) caster sugar
2. 200g (8oz) butter
3. 2 eggs
4. A teaspoon of vanilla essence
5. 350 (6oz) plain flour
6. 350 (6oz) chocolate chips (if you don’t want chocolate chips you can replace it with anything you like such as Smarties, pieces of chocolate, nuts etc)
Heat your oven to 180*c/ 350*F/gas mark 4 before you start
How to make them!
- Take two trays out (you might need one more) and wipe them with soft butter
- In a bowl, put the sugar and butter together and mix well. It’s easier to use your hands instead of a spoon and it makes the dough much more smooth.
- In a smaller bowl, crack the eggs then mix it and add the vanilla essence and mix it with a fork
- Pour the egg mixture into the bowl with the suagr and butter and mix (using hands). Then, sift the flour through a sieve. Then mix everything together well.
- Add the chocolate chips (or whatever ingredient you are using)
- Using spoons, scoop the dough and place it on the baking tray. (Scoop twice per cookie) and use another spoon to carefully place it on the tray. Remember to leave some space between the cookies as they do spread.
- Bake the cookies! On average it takes about 15-20 minutes to bake.
- When they are out of the oven, leave them to cool for at least 5minutes
I hope your cookies turn out well and that you enjoyed this recipe!🍪